Click on the question that most resembles yours or choose from the other categories to view more.
What payment options are available?
Based on qualifications, customers may be eligible for one of our special payment arrangement plans. Currently, available plans include:
- Payment Extension Plan: a short-term extension of the due date for full payment of past due bills.
- Deferred Payment Plan: an extended payment plan where past due bills may be paid in installments over a specified time period.
- Bill Payment Assistance Program: a program funded through donations to support local organizations that provide energy Bill Payment Assistance to qualifying customers with financial needs.
Visit the Billing and Payment section of our website for more information. Or, call our Customer Care center toll-free at 1-888-305-3828. Representatives are available to help you Representatives are available to help you Monday through Saturday 7:30 am to 8:00 pm. We will be happy to help you choose the most convenient payment option for your needs.
Where can I mail my payment?
Please mail your payment to:
P.O. Box 660896
Dallas, TX 75266-0896
Don't forget to write your account number on your check or money order to ensure your payment is correctly applied to your account.
What if I need more time to pay my bill?
We may be able to offer a Payment Extension Plan that allows a short-term extension of the due date for full payment of past due bills under certain circumstances. Just call our Customer Care center toll-free at 1-888-305-3828, to find out if you're eligible for our Equal Payment Plan. Representatives are available to help you Monday through Saturday 7:30 am to 8:00 pm for help with this feature.
When was my last payment received?
You can find that out at any time by calling our Customer Care line, toll-free at 1-888-305-3828. Representatives are available to help you Monday through Saturday 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
Can I pay my bill by credit card or debit card?
Yes! You can pay your bill by logging into the Online Account Manager and submitting a payment using your credit or debit card within Pay My Bill. Also in Pay My Bill you can schedule an Automatic Payment for any payment type to help avoid late payments and fees when your bill is due each month. It's simple, and it's FREE!
In a hurry and not yet registered for Online Account Manager? You can make a one-time online payment with your debit or credit card or you can contact our Customer Care center at 1-888-305-3828. Please note this option is unable to store payment information after each payment is made. For payment information storage and convenience in paying your bill each month, enroll in Online Account Manager today!
Can I pay my bill by phone?
Yes, just call our Customer Care line, toll-free at 1-888-305-3828. Representatives are available to help you Monday through Saturday 7:30 am to 8:00 pm.
How many days before the due date should I mail my payment?
We suggest you mail your payment a minimum of 5 business days prior to the due date in order to make sure your payment is processed in a timely manner.
Do I need to pay a deposit if I sign up for electricity service with Direct Energy?
You may be required to pay a deposit depending on information contained in your consumer credit report. A credit check may be performed to determine the amount of the deposit. To initiate electricity service you must pay the deposit amount within 30 days of your enrollment with Direct Energy.
Where/how can I pay the deposit?
Direct Energy offers several easy options for you to pay the deposit. Call our Customer Care Center toll-free at 1-888-305-3828:
- To have deposit payment automatically deducted from your credit card or bank account. Additional fees apply when paying with these options.
- To find a walk-in pay station that will accept deposit payment in your area. Walk-in payment stations may charge an additional payment fee.
- To learn more information about selecting a Guarantor for your account. A Guarantor must be a customer with Direct Energy and have a good payment history.
- You also have the option to pay your deposit by mailing in a check to:
P.O. Box 660896
Dallas, TX 75266-0896
Do you waive the deposit?
You may be eligible to have the deposit requirement waived if you meet one of the following criteria:
- You have been a residential customer of any Retail Electric Provider or an electric utility within the last two years and were not late paying a bill more than once in the last 12 months. Please contact your current electricity provider to provide a letter of credit on your behalf.
- You are over the age of 65 and not delinquent in payment of any electric service account.
- You are determined to be a victim of family violence and can submit a certification letter developed by the Texas Council on Family Violence as evidence.
- You are considered medically indigent as certified by a government entity or government-funded energy assistance program provider and physician.