Simplify the process of paying your electricity bill! Arrange to have your bill paid automatically from your credit card, bank debit card or bank account.
Advantages of the Automatic Payment Program:
- Save money on postage
- No need to write checks
- Avoid late fees
- Avoid the hassle of your payment arriving late, or lost or stolen checks
- No convenience charges
Other Payment Options
Direct Energy LP
P.O. Box 660896
Dallas, TX 75266-0896
Your check or money order should be made payable to Direct Energy. Don't forget to write your account number on your check or money order to ensure your payment is correctly applied to your account.
Pay by home banking online payments
Please ensure you use the correct Direct Energy "payee address" when using your personal or business bank account to pay online. Don't forget to include your account number on your online payment to ensure your payment is correctly applied to your account.
Pay in person
Locate your nearest in-person payment location. Fees may apply depending upon location.
Payments for prepaid accounts will require a Payment Number.
- Western Union — Enter your address to find the closest location. Western Union can be found at supermarkets, check cashers and convenience stores.
- ACE Cash Express – Enter your zip code to find the closest location.
- Fidelity Express - Enter your address or zip code to find the nearest walk in payment location.
- CheckFree Pay - Enter your zip code to find the closest location.
- PayXchange – Enter your five digit zip code to find a payment center near you - Prepaid Only.
- Cliff's Check Cashing - Enter your zip code to find the closest location - (Dallas)- Prepaid Only.
Pay by phone
- To make a payment by phone, please call us at 1-888-305-3828
Just switched to Direct Energy as your electricity provider?
Please note that you will receive your first bill approximately 30 days after we receive the necessary account information from your local utility. We will send out your electric bill once per month.
If you have not received a recent bill from us, please call us at 1-888-305-3828 for assistance.
Deferred Payment Program: If you are unable to pay the complete amount of your current bill, you may qualify to pay in installments on an overdue balance until payment is complete. Contact customer service to discuss your situation.
Payment Assistance Information
Agency Assistance Procedures – Effective February 2012
Agency Pledge Form
Agency Assistance Change Notice
Payment Assistance Agencies
* PDF files require the use of the free Adobe Reader